Radio GoldSeek Interview with Nick Barisheff
Summary of Interview Discussion:
- Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil, Iran, South Africa and Turkey could become the norm throughout the global financial world.
Eventuallythe financial plague will infect the entire $300 trillion in global stocks / bondsmarkets and impact even North America.
- Margin debt is 50% higher than just before the 2008 Great Recession that could result in
sudden / violentand catastrophic market losses / financial chaos.
- With only $1.8 trillion of investment grade gold available, a global currency crisis is inevitable.
- If only 5% of the $300 trillion in paper assets is directed to gold, $15 trillion could flood the tiny $1.8 trillion PMs sector resulting in $10,000+ gold.
- Several BRICS nations are inoculating their currencies from the systemic financial infection.
- China and Russia continue to stockpile PMs including silver in Moscow, in preparation for a global currency pandemic.
- Nick cites research suggesting peak gold is occurring just when supply is most needed.
- Even an enormous new find would require decades to positively impact supply levels.
- Once panic grips the financial markets the 5% gold allocation could exceed 10-20% or higher sending the yellow metal price north of $30,000 per ounce.
- One candidate for an alternative reserve currency is the Yuan that is convertible to gold, better facilitating crude
oil / commercetransactions.
- BMG has identified a triple bubble in
stocks / bonds/ residential housing, where current share valuations mirror those of the 1929 peak.
- The risk of missing further gains in US equities pales in comparison with the potential risk of loss.
- Nick Barisheff questions how markets will respond amid bear market conditions, given the less than robust activity during the current bull market.
- The World Gold Council announced that gold production has peaked.
- Mines can no longer produce enough output to increase the
supply,but only add to dwindling stockpiles.
- Potential gains in the comparably small $1 trillion PMs market could startle even the most ardent gold aficionado as investors, institutions, pension funds, hedge funds and even governments seek safe-haven assets.
As originally posted on Radio GoldSeek